Be or Not to Be Self-centered

Recently, I feel afraid if I really being self-centered. I'm asking myself, am I really that self-centered? Why I keep talking too much after others answer my question. As if this is a competition?

So, with this bad vibes, I type down my question to calming the self-centered of mine. "self-centered" "how to not be self-centered" 

After the read, I found out the real meaning of self-centered. Yes, it's selfish but not really the same.

I will put on here: "Although they appear to be similar in meaning, the differences are subtle. Selfish (of a person, action, or motive) means lacking consideration for others, and/or is concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure. In contrast, self-centered means being preoccupied with oneself and one's affairs." source

Honestly, I am still confused, am I selfish? or self-centered. But, self-centered might be not always a bad or negative connotation.

Also, I saw the question bar on google "Is being self-centered a bad thing?" I immediately answer it "Of course, it is" but somehow I kept open for the answer.

"It's a way of approaching and formulating your ambitions. We are all self-centered after all. You can think of it as a problem or a solution, bad or good. It can lead to selfishness but it can also lead to character, inner integrity, and self-respect." source

So yeah, self-centered is not always in a negative connotation. I kind of agree about the "we are all self-centered after all" I think we have that phase when the topic of conversation interests us, for example.

I might try to be less self-centered. I will try to give more room for others and talk more at the right time. I'm gonna figure it out.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Decision : Behel

I think i have said this before?

Another Question